Bankruptcy Attorney- New Jersey Or New York Office:
Seeking a bankruptcy attorney with 2+ years of experience to join our New Jersey or New York office and be part of a team working on matters in New Jersey, New York, Delaware, Maryland, Texas and Florida. We seek a motivated individual devoted to meeting the highest standards of excellence and serving clients, and who wants to be part of an established and dynamic office and firm. Bar admission in one or more states in which the Firm has an office and where the candidate desires to be resident is required. Strong academic credentials and excellent oral and written communication skills are required. Litigation experience is a plus.
Bankruptcy Associate- Delaware Office:
Seeking an associate to join our Wilmington, Delaware office and be part of a team working on sophisticated Chapter 11 matters in Delaware, New York, New Jersey, Maryland and Texas. We seek a motivated individual devoted to meeting the highest standards of excellence and serving clients, and who wants to be part of a dynamic office with sophisticated Chapter 11 practice. Delaware bar is required. Strong academic credentials and excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
Tax Attorney- New Jersey Or New York Office:
Seeking an attorney with 5 plus years Transactional Tax, International Tax, and T&E experience to join our NJ or NY office. LLM in Taxation and NJ and/or NY Bar required.
Collection/Cash Receipts Coordinator- New Jersey Office:
Seeking a Collection/Cash Receipts Coordinator for our New Jersey Office.
- Contact clients to resolve delinquency issue
- Regularly meet and communicate with attorneys regarding collection efforts and status of past due accounts
- Distribute statements to delinquent accounts
- Prepare reports for AR/Billing Committee meetings
- Enter daily cash receipts
- Support other Accounting Team functions as necessary
- Minimum five years of collection experience in a professional setting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Law firm experience preferred
- Experience with Thomson 3E and Microsoft office applications a plus
- Ability to work under pressure
- BS in accounting preferred but not required
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of legal billing and client relations along with the ability to maintain a professional demeanor under stress and while communicating with clients.
Help Desk Technician- New Jersey Office:
Seeking a Help Desk Technician to join our Hackensack, New Jersey Office. Work schedule will be Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Duties include providing hardware and software technical assistance to the Firm’s users. Troubleshooting, support and provide general assistance to senior technical staff. Setup video conferences to other Firm offices as well as outside entities as requested. Maintain inventory of Firm technical equipment and supplies. Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong documentation discipline and experience with a ticket management system. Ability to work effectively, both independently and in a collaborative team environment; must be self-motivated and self-driven. Provide, on a rotating basis, after hours on-call coverage for end user support. Experience with Microsoft Windows 10 desktop environment. Computer desktop and laptop hardware repair and knowledge, Microsoft Office 2016 with particularly strong working knowledge of Outlook, Word, iManage, Smartphones and all mobile devices. Legal specific software such iManage, Worksite, Workshare, etc preferred. Applicant needs to have strong interpersonal skills as well as good aptitude to learn new tasks quickly. Law firm or professional service firm background a plus.
Staff Accountant- New Jersey Office:
Staff Accountant Job Duties:
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Prepares financial reports and analysis.
- Provides detailed analyses and explanations of all transactions.
- Supports accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice creation and entry.
- Provides assistance with trust accounting duties.
- Gives overall support to the Chief Accounting Officer in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance/Accounting Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 2+ years’ experience in accounting or related field proficient in Word and Excel
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Able to read and understand technical forms and financial reports
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships
We offer an excellent compensation package and comprehensive benefits program. Please e-mail resume for consideration to:
Gayle P. Englert
Chief Human Resources Officer
Cole Schotz P.C.
Court Plaza North
25 Main Street, P.O. Box 800
Hackensack, NJ 07602-0800
Cole Schotz is an Equal Opportunity Employer